Need help now?
Call 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
The Jed Foundation's mission is to promote emotional health and prevent suicide among college and university students. To achieve this end, the organization collaborates with the public and leaders in higher education, mental health, and research to produce and advance initiatives that:
- Promote awareness and understanding that emotional well-being is achievable, mental illness is treatable and suicide is preventable
- Increase knowledge of the warning signs of suicide & emotional distress
- Foster help-seeking so that those who need supportive services reach out to secure them, or are referred to services by a peer
- Build and strengthen resilience, coping skills and connectedness among young adults, their peers, families and communities
- Facilitate adoption of a comprehensive, community-based approach to promote emotional health and protect at-risk students on campus
- Raise the importance of mental health services, policies and programs in the college selection process of students and parents
News & Info
New JedCampus Program Launched to Schools »
New nationwide initiative designed to help colleges and universities assess and enhance their mental health and suicide preventi
Lifetime's "Call Me Crazy" Film with Brittany Snow & Love is Louder »
Lifetime partners with TJF's Love is Louder movement on "Call Me Crazy: A Five Film"
TJF responding to Boston tragedy through Half of Us and Love is Louder »
The Jed Foundation provides tips on how to cope with tragedy and ways to express support through Half of Us and Love is Louder.